Hella 165mm Rectangular ECE Hi-Lo H4 Conversion Headlamp Kit, H6545
Sealed beam headlamps were introduced in the 1930s to provide a consistant quality of headlamps. Prior to that, headlamp design was left up to the vehicle manufacturer and lighting ability varried greatly.
The problem with sealed beams is that the lens, reflector and fillaments are all part of a bonded assembly. When the filament burns out, the entire lamp is discarded. Consequently, the sealed beam has become a commodity. As long as it meets the DOT standard, the only thing that matters is low cost. The DOT standard allows for a very loose pattern with a wide transition from dark to light. Many sealed beams still conform to the antiquated pre 2000 DOT standard that required 20% of the light go up to illuminate overhead signs.
All of this results in lamps that dazzle oncoming traffic and at the same time supply poor illumination of the road. The sharp low beam cutoff of Hella ECE lamps makes the areas that are supposed to be dark darker and the lighted areas to be brighter. We say that our lamps are four times brighter on low beam and twice as bright on high beam. Refer to the Isolux drawings at left.
- Low beam transition from dark to light in less than an inch, at 25 feet.
- Optical Quartz Lens.
- Silverized Polished Aluminum Reflector.
- Replaceable H4 twin fillament bulb allows use of modern high performance bulb technology.
- Direct replacement for 4652, 4655, 4737, 6545, 4666 & 4668 sealed beam.
- Tight Pattern allows optical aiming.
- Sold for off road and competition use only (;-)
Select the wireing adapters for your particular vehicle:
- 4652, 4656 & 4737 Sealed beams with Straight Ground Terminal. Normally cars with four headlamps.
- 6545, 4666 & 4668 Sealed Beams with Angled Ground Terminal. Normally cars with two headlamps.
- Two 165mm Rectangular ECE H4 Conversion Hi/Lo Beam Headlamps.
- Two 12V H4 Bulbs of your choice.
- Two Rubber Dust Boots.
- Two Wiring Adapters as required.
Don't know what type of lamp your car uses?
Use this handy link to look it up.
|Headlamp Model||165mm Rectangle Conversion|
|Lamp Features||Halogen, Sealed Beam Conversion|
|Beam Shape||High Beam, Low Beam|