H2110 Hella 165mm FREE FORM Hi-Lo H4 Conversion Headlamp Kit, DOT and ECE.
Sealed beam headlamps were introduced in the 1930s to provide a consistant quality of headlamps. Prior to that, headlamp design was left up to the vehicle manufacturer and lighting ability varried greatly.
The problem with sealed beams is that the lens, reflector and fillaments are all part of a bonded assembly. When the filament burns out, the entire lamp is discarded. Consequently, the sealed beam has become a commodity. As long as it meets the DOT standard, the only thing that matters is low cost. The DOT standard allows for a very loose pattern with a wide transition from dark to light. Many sealed beams still conform to the antiquated pre 2000 DOT standard that required 20% of the light go up to illuminate overhead signs.
All of this results in lamps that dazzle oncoming traffic and at the same time supply poor illumination of the road. The sharp low beam cutoff of Hella DOT/ECE lamps makes the areas that are supposed to be dark darker and the lighted areas to be brighter. We say that our lamps are four times brighter on low beam and twice as bright on high beam. Refer to the Isolux drawings at left.
This is one of the few new conversion lamps that is designed to be both DOT and ECE compliant. This is due to the fact that these two standards are coming closer together.
- Clear Quartz Lens
- Silverized Free Form ABS Reflector
- Low beam transition from dark to light is less than an inch, at 25 feet.
- Optical Quartz Lens
- Replaceable H4 twin fillament bulb allows use of modern high performance bulb technology.
- Direct replacement for 4652, 4655, 4737, 6545, 4666 & 4668 sealed beam.
- Tight Pattern allows optical aiming
- Two 165mm Rectangular FF DOT/ECE H4 Conversion Hi/Lo Beam Headlamps.
- Two 60/55W 12V H4 Bulbs
- Two Rubber Boots
- Two Wiring Adapters.
- These lamps are packaged with 60/55w bulbs. This kit includes both the stock bulb and the upgrade bulbs listed.
Any bulb substitution other than 60/55w will negate DOT and ECE approval.
Select the wiring adapters for your particular vehicle
- 4652, 4656 & 4737 Sealed beams with Straight Ground Terminal. Normally cars with four headlamps.
- 6545, 4666 & 4668 Sealed Beams with Angled Ground Terminal. Normally cars with two headlamps.
|Headlamp Beam||Low Beam, High Beam|